We’ve included a listing of other related dance websites in the Chicagoland area.
- Breakingup Thanksgiving is our annual dance weekend held Friday through Sunday after Thanksgiving Day. Powered by volunteers, Friday and Saturday nights are Open Band, Open Caller. Come jam with the best Old Time Musicians around!
- The Old Town School of Folk Music often holds barn dances as part of their First Fridays. Check their website for details.
- The Fermilab Folk Club and the Fox Valley Folklore Society co-sponsor barn dances in the western suburbs.
- Fermilab English Country Dancing sponsors dances Sundays once a month at Fermilab.
- The Nineteenth Century Charitable Association sponsors semi-regular English Country dances on Monday nights in Oak Park.
- The Valparaiso Old-Time Dance Community runs a contra and square dance in Northwest Indiana once a month on Saturdays.
- The Beloit Contra Dance Club holds regular dances at Beloit College, just over the border in southern Wisconsin.
- The Delafield Contra Dance holds monthly contra dances at the Prairie Hill Waldorf School near Delafield, Wisconsin.
In case that’s not enough, Charlie Seelig does his best to maintain a comprehensive list of contra dances, square dances, and waltzes in Illinois.