We’ve included a listing of other related dance websites in the Chicagoland area.
- The Old Town School of Folk Music often holds barn dances as part of their First Fridays. Check their website for details.
- The Fermilab Folk Club and the Fox Valley Folklore Society co-sponsor barn dances in the western suburbs.
- Fermilab English Country Dancing sponsors dances Sundays once a month at Fermilab.
- The Nineteenth Century Charitable Association sponsors semi-regular English Country dances on Monday nights in Oak Park.
- The Valparaiso Old-Time Dance Community runs a contra and square dance in Northwest Indiana once a month on Saturdays.
- The Beloit Contra Dance Club holds regular dances at Beloit College, just over the border in southern Wisconsin.
- The Delafield Contra Dance holds monthly contra dances at the Prairie Hill Waldorf School near Delafield, Wisconsin.
In case that’s not enough, Charlie Seelig does his best to maintain a comprehensive list of contra dances, square dances, and waltzes in Illinois.